Aloe and Lotus Villas
Greece, Crete, Rethymnon, Prines
Address: [Prines, Rethymno,Crete 74100]
Type: [Villa /s]
Aloe villa and its adjacent villa Lotus are located in the western part of the traditional village of Prines, 200m above sea level. In the surrounding area of the villas there is a wooded area with wild oak trees which extends to the sea. Thus, the microclimate of the region is particularly healthy and the view from the windows and verandas of the villas is unique, especially at sunset.
Aloe and Lotus villas are 6 kilometers (5-8 minutes drive) from the historical town of Rethymno and combine the tranquility of Cretan countryside with the vitality of the historical and cultural interest of Rethymno town.
- 3 km from sea
- 6 km from the Town of Rethymno
- 200 m from a gas station
- 1,5 km from an ATM
- 150 m from a coffee house
- 300 m from a taverna
- 300 m from two mini-markets
- 300 m from a bus station
- 1,5 km from a pharmacy store
- 1,3 km from an internet cafe
- 6 km from a hospital
- 60 km from the Chania Airport
- 85 km from the Heraklion Airport
Aloe & Lotus are newly built stone and concrete villas, 120 sq.m. each, situated near the traditional village of Prines, with tile roof, internal stone arch and wooden ceilings and traditional architecture respecting the environment.
- It comprises a spacious sitting room with a fireplace and a stone traditional arch on the ceiling which separates the living room from the diving room and the kitchen.
- The sitting room incorporates, among others, a library, two traditional sofas, which can become single beds, satellite TV and DVD.
- The dinning room can accommodate up to 10 persons.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessities including an electric cooker with 4 cooking places and an oven, an extractor, a refrigerator, a dish washer, a coffee machine, boiler etc.
- In the basement of Aloe Villa, there is a bedroom with double bed, small office, large wardrobes and a bathroom with a shower, while in the basement of Lotus Villa there is a bedroom with two single iron-made traditional beds, large wardrobes and a bathroom with shower.
- In the garden, jasmines, honeysuckles, rosemaries, lavenders, laurels, climbing roses, cyclamens, anemones and other local cretan flowers and herbs create an idyllic scenery for relaxation all year round.
- Around the outdoor swimming pool of dimension 7,50 x 3,50 m2, there are deck chairs, while there is an outdoor shower and a parking place for two cars (in Aloe Villa there is also a casual dining place).
- The first floor comprises two bedrooms each with double bed in Lotus Villa . In Aloe Villa, the first floor comprises one bedroom with double bed and another with two single traditional beds. Both villas also have spacious wardrobes, which can facilitate the stay for long periods of the year, a complete bathroom with a bath tub, a cloth washing machine and a veranda with a magnificent view towards the surrounding mountains and the Cretan north sea.
- All ceilings are of traditional wooden beams.
- The villa has a central heating commodity at an extra charge.
- There is also available a food chair for a child.
- No pets allowed.
- The cleaning of the villa and the change of linen is performed twice a week and is included in the rental.
Aloe & Lotus Villas also have:
- central heating
- air conditioned
- 2 parking places
- cable TV
- bed and chair for children and
- an open air shower.
- Cleaning services of the villa and the changing of the sheets and towels are preformed twice a week and are included in the price.
- Everyday cleaning is possible on request with additional charges.
- Baby sitting can also be provided on request.
Depending on when you visit Aloe & Lotus there are a number of local seasonal celebrations where you can experience homemade local delicacies!
Orthodox Easter: join the family or strike out on your own to experience the most important religious holiday of the year in one of the beautiful village churches or monestaries.
April/May: Sheep shearing season where you can experience and celebrate this ancient tradition jsut like the locals!
October: experience the "Rakokazano" festivities where raki / tsikoudia (traditional Cretan spirit) is distilled and served with a variety of local appetizers, traditional music and dancing.
Late November - January: Olive harvest! See how olives are gathered and pressed for oil and enjoy a parting gift of organic olive oil from the family groves!